Queensland Association of Jewish Ex-Servicemen & Women (QAJEX)
Organization of Ex and Serving Members of Australian & Allied Forces. Israeli’s are most welcome. Family members are encouraged to participate in remembrance activities which are held on Anzac Day & Remembrance Day.
Queensland Jewish Board of Deputies Incorporated (QJBD)
The QJBD is the official roof-body of all Queensland Jewry.
The QJBD is recognised by the Queensland State Government and its agencies, the media and other ethnic and religious groups as the representative body of the Jewish community. It speaks on the community’s behalf on all matters affecting the status, welfare and interest of Queensland Jewry.
Its objectives are:
- To provide a united and responsible Jewish voice that is heard by all levels of government – Local, State and Federal.
- To provide an effective means of combating anti-Semitism.
- To provide friendly forums that allow difficulties and problems to be discussed and resolved.
- To organise communal ceremonies such as functions for visiting dignitaries.
- To provide speakers on Jewish topics to service clubs, schools and Church groups.
- To promote knowledge and understanding of the Jewish people and Judaism and working towards inter-community harmony and goodwill with other religious, ethnic and cultural groups.
The QJBD is part of the Executive Council of Australian Jewry (ECAJ), which represents all Australian Jews in its dealings on a national level.
Queensland Jewish Community Services Inc. (QJCS)
QJCS provides services to the communities in Queensland and Northern NSW. We provide assistance to members of the Jewish Community in need. We refer clients to appropriate service providers and other organisations if needed.
Queensland Jewish Kindergarten Association
The Queensland Jewish Kindergarten Association is the managing body for Queensland’s first Jewish kindergarten – Gan Gani Kindergarten.
Gan Gani was established in 1988 as a full-time Jewish kindergarten. It offers a secular and Jewish program to children, both Jewish and non-Jewish, aged 3 – 4.5 years. It is fully associated with the Creche and Kindergarten Association of Queensland. It operates under the association’s strict guidelines to offer a quality learning environment for kindergarten children. Gan Gani is set in a semi-rural environment. The facilities are excellent and improved constantly to the benefit of the children.